Neck Pain Self-Help Treatments
Neck pain is a common compliant. Most neck pain is caused by a simple muscular strain or tension. It can sometimes become persistent but it is possible to prevent this with some self-help treatments. The most common symptoms of problems in the neck are pain and stiffness. The majority of neck pain is associated with overuse or poor posture from doing daily activities such as driving or sitting at a computer for long periods of time.
The following are some simple things that you can do which may help to ease your neck pain:
- Alternate heat and cold pads. Reduce inflammation by applying cold, such as an ice pack or ice wrapped in a towel for up to 20 minutes several times a day. Relax the muscles by taking a warm shower or applying a heat pad to the painful area.
- Rest. Lie down from time to time during the day to give your neck a rest from holding up your head.
- Gentle stretching. Gently move your neck to one side and hold it for 10 seconds. Stretch your neck in as many directions as your pain allows. This may help to alleviate some pain.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach. This position puts stress on our neck. Choose a pillow that supports the natural curve of your neck.
Some simple changes in your daily routine may also help, such as:
- Adjust your desk, chair and computer so the monitor is at eye level.
- Avoid tucking the phone between your ear and shoulder when you talk.
We hope that these few advises can be helpful to relief your neck pain and you can feel better. In case you would like to relax and receive a holistic massage from our professional operators, you can contact us or call at +356 27040100 to make an appointment.
We are open from 9:00 to 21:00 – 7 days per week
Location: Sunny Coast Leisure Club